Wow!?!?! It's been a long time since my last post. I apologize, just got caught up with other things and a little disinterested in blogging I guess. I am going to fix that. Here's an update: I figure I can officially call myself a runner now. Why? I have only missed 4 days of running within the past year. It's all I can think about. I have become obsessive about the subject and look forward to it every day even after I have finished a run I can't wait until the next one. Last weekend I completed my first ultra marathon. Although it wasn't a stereo typical foot race. It was actually harder. It was a 32 mile trail foot race in the snow and cold dubbed the Frozen Otter Ultra Trek. I finished in the top ten of a race that less than a third completed before cut off. Running just about everyday I believe has improved my recovery time. It's a week later after the event and I feel back up to speed and endurance. Now I am plotting my next challenge. Moneys tight so I am not sure what event I will do next. It will probably be another Ultra because I'm not sure if I can ever be a fast runner but I know I have more grit and determination than many and I believe that factor alone can make me successful and continue to place well in Ultras. My personal goals for running this year will be to run 1460 miles this year and to run 100 miles in one week. I will keep this blog updated more often with my personal diary of grit and determination of how I achieve these goals and events.
Monday, January 25, 2010
Been Awhile
Wow!?!?! It's been a long time since my last post. I apologize, just got caught up with other things and a little disinterested in blogging I guess. I am going to fix that. Here's an update: I figure I can officially call myself a runner now. Why? I have only missed 4 days of running within the past year. It's all I can think about. I have become obsessive about the subject and look forward to it every day even after I have finished a run I can't wait until the next one. Last weekend I completed my first ultra marathon. Although it wasn't a stereo typical foot race. It was actually harder. It was a 32 mile trail foot race in the snow and cold dubbed the Frozen Otter Ultra Trek. I finished in the top ten of a race that less than a third completed before cut off. Running just about everyday I believe has improved my recovery time. It's a week later after the event and I feel back up to speed and endurance. Now I am plotting my next challenge. Moneys tight so I am not sure what event I will do next. It will probably be another Ultra because I'm not sure if I can ever be a fast runner but I know I have more grit and determination than many and I believe that factor alone can make me successful and continue to place well in Ultras. My personal goals for running this year will be to run 1460 miles this year and to run 100 miles in one week. I will keep this blog updated more often with my personal diary of grit and determination of how I achieve these goals and events.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment