Tuesday, January 26, 2010

It's still cold!!!!


I really am looking for some relief here. It took only 8 days to recover from my 32 mile ultra. I am kind of surprised by that usually it takes me weeks to recover from a marathon run. As it stands my speed and endurance have unquestionably returned and I feel pretty great, improved even. I truly believe it has something with the fact that I run every day. Adjusting my body’s tolerance levels perhaps.

What I can’t get over is this crazy cold that we have been experiencing. The wind is just a bitter mistress and seems to be coming at me from every direction. It bugs me to wear anything over my mouth and the air I breathe feels like its freezing as it enters my lungs and I am especially sick of wearing all these layers. With the wind proof pants and jacket that makes that chronic “swooshing crunchy” sound with every stride. It’s becoming like nails on the chalk board.

Enough whining, I just want it warm out, you understand. I wonder how runners in places where it is cold most of the year cope with the outdoors. Probably buy a treadmill. I am working on figuring out an actual running routine for myself. My previous motto of “Run as hard as I can for as long as I can” just doesn’t seem to be enough lately. I may be cheating myself of some opportunities and need to find out.

Cheers!

No comments: