
"Happiness is not a matter of events, It depends upon the tides of the mind" ~Alice Meynell
Rest day for weight training. Upper back still hurts but again only when I am at rest. Threat of storms and a chilly 49 degrees regardless five mile run today 48:23. Like I said I'm a beginner with big dreams just trying to keep on the road to achieving them. I have been reading a good book recently entitled "The Athlete's Way" by Christopher Bergland (www.theathletesway.com). It's filled with some great quotes, ideas to reshaping and charging my mind for fitness and I think it's working and helping a bit. I love his slogan "Sweat and the Biology of Bliss." I think it's probably why I bought the book. It inspired a nice realization as I continued through the day's run. "Everything that happens during today's run is all me. Whatever I do there are no excuses except that I pass or share with anybody or anything else. It's mine." I like that sense of ownership and responsibility. There are no other factors besides my own. I was rather surprised I didn't slip into a hidden pothole after thinking it. lol
No comments:
Post a Comment