Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Tuff day


"Kites rise highest against the wind, not with it." ~ Winston Churchill

It was a tuff training day today. I worked out with weights on biceps and legs, then about a 2 mile run all of which was uphill and straight into the wind. I'm tired but I feel great. I have been working out with weights on the average of five times a week now. The work outs last typically about 60 minutes and I adjust the weight to do 6 sets of 16-20 reps with 4 exercises per muscle group. I do back, shoulders, obliques one day, chest, triceps and upper abdominals the next and finally biceps, legs and lower abs the final day and continually rotate. I go for my runs after my weight workouts. My current goal is to achieve 25 miles a week comfortably, currently I reach that on a good week and usually average 18. I divide and rotate the runs as well between hill days, sprint days and jogging days. I also do a 15-20min light yoga/stretching routine first thing in the mornings just to get the blood flowing.

In looking what I just wrote down it sure seems like allot but its a pace that seems to be be just challenging enough. Not too much to get myself injured but not too little where I am just going through the motions. I do admit though I really feel like sometimes I should add a morning jog a few times a week. Maybe I will if I can find the time. Can you tell yet I don't have too much else to do?

No comments: