Sunday, April 12, 2009

Results

"There is real magic in enthusiasm. It spells the difference between mediocrity and accomplishment." ~ Norman Vincent Peale


I took it easy yesterday only running just more than a mile but still keeping the streak alive. Today is worth bragging about. Today I finally hit the hour running mark. I haven't done this in years and it was a slice of life reaching it today. Not only that but what I am most impressed with myself for is not taking the short cuts and ending the run early. I took the long way the entire way. Now that I have conquered this route it's finally time to choose a new one and keep this only as part of my regular runs. The new goal is to get comfortable running for two hours. If I follow the plan of increasing my runs by 10-15% a week I should be there in about 7-8 weeks. Seems like forever but I will get there. I just to be patient and motivated. Oh yeah End of week one in my 100 mile month and I have tallied 32+ miles. I'm ahead of schedule and I like that.

No comments: